- Women and Leadership: Defining the Challenges, by Robin J. Ely and Deborah L. Rhode. From The Handbook of Leadership Theory and Practice.
- "Impossible Selves: Image Strategies and Identity Threat in Professional Women's Career Transitions," by Herminia Ibarra and Jennifer Petriglieri
- "Taking Gender into Account: theory and Design for Women's Leadership Development Programs," by Robin J. Ely, Herminia Ibarra, and Deborah Kolb
- The Feminine Mistake: Are We Giving Up Too Much, by Leslie Bennetts. 2007
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg. 2013
- Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers (A NICE GIRLS Book), by Lois P. Frankel. 2010 reprint
Note: You may want to join the LinkedIn group: Women's Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative (WVLDI). They post some interesting articles and have an active discussion board. Also a networking opportunity!
If you have a good article feel free to post a link in the comment section. Ideas welcome.